Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 4-Questions

What are my favourite search engines and Why do I like certain search engines more than others?

I must admit I'm extremely lazy and I only use google. I have not even bothered to try other search engines. However thats probably because google has never failed me, and its my home page.

How do search engines rank the stuff they find and who, or what, makes one page more useful than another one, so that it is put at the top of your search results?

I’ve found its mostly by the matching the content. For example if you search Africa, things with Africa in the title will come up first, followed by sites with Africa in the article a lot and then articals with Africa in the least. So I assume the more times the keywords searched appears in an article the higher its ranked



No comments:

Post a Comment